Below are presentations that provide information about the latest developments in cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- RapidArc Radiation at Hope Radiation Cancer Center: describes the cutting edge latest radiation technique of RapidArc used at the Hope Radiation Cancer Center to treat varieties of cancer sites including, H&N cancers, lung cancers, breast cancers, prostate cancers.
- New Treatments in Cancer: this slide show describes the newest treatements available for cancer patients.
- New Treatments in Prostate Cancer: this slide show describes the latest treatments available for prostate cancer patients.
- New Treatments in Skin Cancer: this slide show describes the role of radiation therapy in skin cancer patients.
- A New Kind of Ray: The last 100 Years - Breast: describes how radiation therapy has evolved over the years and uses sofisticated technique to treat and cure breast cancer patients.
- A New Kind of Ray: The last 100 Years - Prostate: describes how radiation therapy has evolved over the years and now using sofisticated technique to treat and cure prostate cancer patients.
- Concurrent ChemoRT- the new standard of care for barrel/bulky cervical cancer: describes that adding chemotherapy to radiation improves overall survival for the barrel/bulky cervical cancer patients.
- IMRT Decreased the Normal Lung Volume Irradiated Compared to 3DCRT in patients with NSCLC: describes that if performed properly IMRT can be dosimetrically superior to 3D radiation therapy technique for locally advanced lung cancer patients.
- Dosimetric analysis of the effect of MLC leaf width on parotid sparing for head and neck cancers treated using a simulataneous integrated boost IMRT technique: describes how IMRT can be very usefull to spare the parotid gland from high doses of radiaiton during the head and neck cancer treatments, thus avoiding the side effect of dry mouth after radiation therapy.
- Mycosis Fungoides Prognosis And Management: describes the recommended treatments for the rare skin cancer Mycosis Fungoides.
- Dose escalation for NSCLC using conformal RT: 3D and IMRT: describes that IMRT technique can be used to treat lung cancers to give high radiation doses while sparing the normal critical structure, providing possibly a higher cure rate.
- Low Risk Prostate Cancer : RP vs RT- the first debate: describes radiaiton can be an effective treatment for prostate cancer treatment if patietns are selected properly.
- Prostate Cancer 3DCRT vs IMRT : the second debate: describes that IMRT is a better technique to treat prostate cancer patients to higher radiaiton doses providing a superior outcome.
- Understanding Radiation Therapy: a general description of how radiation therapy works for cancer patients.
- An Overview of Radiotherapy for Healthcare Professionals: a more technical description of how radiaiton therapy works for cancer patients.
- Small Cell Lung Cancer and RT: describes how radiation therapy now is the standard of care and can treat small cell lung cancer patients to cure them.